July 25, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Actually, it's motorcycles, trailers, and airplanes. After yesterday's further motorcycle troubles, we were rescued by an angel from Three Hills AB who came all the way to Rosetown SK to pick my bike up with her trailer. We didn't get back into Three Hills until almost 2am this morning.

We've removed the final drive's pinion housing from my bike, and I'm going to ride Dad's bike to Calgary to try and get it repaired first thing Monday morning. It looks like I get to see my friends in Calgary after all!

As I type this, I'm sitting at Prarie Aviation's hanger, watching our friend land after taking my Dad up for an acrobatic flight! They /just/ touched down.

6 comments:

  1. I thought you guys found parts it Saskatoon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, they got us the parts in Saskatoon, but we found out you need special tools to install one of them. The dealership in Saskatoon didn't have the tools, so we decided to ride anyways thinking the small leak I had would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acrobatic flight?! COOoooooOOOl. Did your dad throw up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe... He didn't /quite/ throw up. The dry heaves cut their flight short, but they got through about four maneuvers first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an adventure! My uncle rode the "vomit commet" a handful of times, sounded rough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, a couple of friends of hours dished out big $$$ to ride the "vomit comet" about a year ago. They had video and pictures which were awesome, just not 2 x $6K awesome.

    Aerobatics with a pilot you know is simply amazing. Unforgettable. I hope to have a video posted tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete